Honey Bee Hive Virtual Play Group
for ages 2-4 years
“For a child there is no division between playing and learning… any part of living that is enjoyable is also play.” – Penelope Leach
Thank you SO MUCH for your interest in the Honey Bee Hive!
The era of COVID-19 has thrown MANY curveballs at families with toddlers. The same lifestyle changes that have been keeping us safe, like staying in our homes, limiting social contact with others, and avoiding high-traffic areas, can also have negative effects on the development and well-being of our youngsters. But with some support, YOU have the power to help your child flourish.
This virtual play group is designed as a space for toddlers to learn and practice the social skills that, in another day and age, they would have practiced in an early education setting. Cooperation, turn-taking, group plans, sharing… you name it! This resource takes some pressure off of parents and allows us to do what we can to keep our kids happy, healthy, and growing.
Your child will have a chance to get those wiggles out, participate with other kiddos around their age, and engage with a trained pediatric professional. Here’s what you can expect when you sign your toddler up for this high-octane social group:
- A weekly scheduled time for your toddler to interact directly with a pediatric speech therapist who loves working with kids
- A focused period when you can trust that your child will get high-quality social interaction with peers
- A moment to just hang out without the need to entertain your kiddo or ‘figure out something to do’
- Fresh ideas for your family time
- A safe, no-contact experience in the comfort of your home
- All for a fraction of the cost of conventional preschool
What day/time will the playgroups happen? As people sign up, we will gather everyone’s availability and decide on a time that works for everyone. We may end up doing multiple sessions depending on interest.
What does is cost? The playgroup will be $60/mo per child. This includes playgroup sessions 1x/week.
Can you bill it to my insurance? This is a play group and not therapy, thus it cannot be billed to insurance.
Let’s band together and make some honey!
I’ll see you there!
Becca (aka Rebecca Cummings, MS, CCC-SLP)